»

Monday, August 4, 2008

For this child I have prayed...

I have had this blog written for some time now. I have just been too scared to post it. So now that I've got a burst of confidence I am going to post it, so here goes!

We had our first appointment last Monday, and as I sat in the waiting room I was so nervous, I found myself praying for peace and comfort.



We had an ultrasound scheduled before the appointment, and as soon as the screen turned on, there was our baby, cute, round and tiny. I held my breath until we saw and heard the heartbeat. What a relief that was! Following the ultrasound we met with our doctor who said everything looked good.



They scheduled an appointment with our perinatologist on Thursday, so once again I was filled with nerves. The last time I was at this office, we had an ultrasound and that's where we learned there our baby had no heartbeat. I had to force myself to breathe and try not to give into my fear. Once we saw the baby on the screen, I smiled and just waited. It seemed like forever, but there it was, the baby's little heartbeat. We met with the doctor and she recommended that we come in every week for an ultrasound, until I am 18 weeks along. So the chance to get a peek at our baby every week really does excite me. Tomorrow we'll be 10 weeks along, and although I feel peace right now, I think I will feel a lot more confident in two weeks.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Praying for you right now...I know you're on your way to your appt. as I type this.

darci said...

so exciting to be able to see your little one. i'm praying !!