»

Saturday, August 2, 2008

My life flashed before my eyes

Well not really. But have you ever had one of those moments where you can see that something bad is going to happen, and you seem to be suspended in time? Even though it lasts only a few seconds, it seems like it's been minutes and you have had time to think about every possible scenario and what is the best decision?

That happened to us a couple of nights ago. We were driving home from my Sister-in-laws, chit chatting about the day that we had. We came to an intersection heading west, and our light was green so we kept driving. Out of the corner of my eye, I caught movement out of the drivers side window, from a car heading north. It was at that moment that my brain started processing everything in what seemed like slow motion.

"Is he going because he's about to make a right turn?" I thought. "It doesn't look like he's turning. If he keeps going, he's going to hit us right in the middle of the front and back seat. That's not a position that will make us spin, but can really damage the suburban. Or us. EJ's in the middle, that's the safest place for him. Is Joey wearing his seat belt?"
All the while, I am calling out loud, "JOEY! JOEY!"

He managed to see the guy barreling straight toward us just in time. I can't tell you if Joey slammed the breaks or hit the gas to get us out of there, all I know is at the last second the other truck finally saw us and hit his breaks, stopping just feet from us. All I could say was "Thank you Lord! Thank you Lord!" as I tried to catch my breath on the short rest of the ride home.

I am so thankful that the Lord had his hedge of protection around us, and kept us safe from harm. We serve such an awesome God!

4 comments:

stacey said...

Thank God~ you are your family are safe!!! That is SOOO scary.

(I LOVED the link to the cats wigs that was SOOO funny ~I sent it to everyone I know!)

Jackie said...

Well, it goes without saying that I am SO relieved you are alright. Funny how much can flash through your brain in such a short amount of time.

Sorry today didn't work out...we'll make the park tour work soon. We WILL! :)

darci said...

praise the Lord for protecting you. We had a similair experience but got HIT, and still suffer the consequences.

Mozi Esme said...

I'm so glad your family is safe! God at work in an obvious way . . .