»

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Progress

As part of my pregnancy journal I felt that I should include what has happened in this pregnancy so far. First of all let me start at the beginning. I have never had trouble getting pregnant. I know what day I ovulate and usually which side I ovulate from. I can feel it, although it's a little uncomfortable. However we've had three miscarriages. Two before EJ, and one after him. So with Joey not working and not having insurance, we were very leery of me becoming pregnant. Because of that we were trying not to conceive. But lo and behold the Lord had other plans.

When I first found out, I was torn between wanting to be excited, and being scared about what could happen and about the timing of everything. It was a very heavy burden to be carrying not to mention the weight of my emotions battling each other in my head and my heart. It was hard for me to share the news with others because in the past we've found out that good news travels very quickly, but bad news doesn't. So deciding to start this journal is becoming therapeutic for me!

Anyway, last Tuesday I had some bleeding. It wasn't spotting which I know is normal, but bleeding. After having 3 miscarriages, in my mind it was a sure sign of something not being right.

My husband and I prayed and kept praying throughout the day and it finally stopped. Because Joey isn't working right now we don't have insurance, so I think I felt like I'll just wait and see what happens before I call the doctor. If it is bad I already know what is going to happen and how to handle it.

I ended up calling the doctor the next day to tell them what was going on. The doctor asked me to go get some blood drawn so they could check the hormone levels, so I went and they were normal. They then asked me to go again 48 hours later to make sure they had increased. We got the results yesterday and the hormone levels had increased but my progesterone levels were just a little low. So I will start the progesterone pills today and take them until I am 12 weeks. I have my first appointment and ultrasound scheduled August 4 with the Doctor we really wanted to see although I'm a little sad about leaving our midwife, who has been with us through it all.

But we have a great perinatologist who I see because I have Factor II, a blood clotting disorder, and she's been through it all with us as well. If there are any complications because of the Factor II, I would have to change to a physician anyway. So I feel better now, and am ready to enjoy the day before me that the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it!

I thank all of you who are praying for this child and this pregnancy, you all mean the world to me!

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Praying so much for you. It's encouraging that the levels have risen. I am believing for peace and for a calm to be with you during these next few weeks...no, actually through the entire pregnancy. Love you!

darci said...

thanks for sharing your heart on here. it helps to know how to pray. i will keep on praying!! darci