»

Friday, July 18, 2008

After participating in Becoming Me's blog Mission tour I re-read my mission and have decided that I need to be brave, start sharing more of my heart and be more true to my mission. I had a light bulb moment today thanks to dlyn and Kristen. Until this moment I was only chronicling what happened on a day-to-day basis. But if I truly want to be able to look back and see how far I've come, I have to include everything that happens, not just the happy moments.

I mentioned on my mission that I struggled with infertility and secondary infertility. The disappointment and heartache we've endured has made me hesitant to talk too openly about that area of my life, except with my very close friends and family. But I am praying that starting today, this blog will also become a pregnancy journal.

I am currently 6 weeks and 5 days pregnant. I find it hard to be excited and share my happiness because of what has happened in the past. I have been praying that everything will be okay, that this baby is forming perfectly the way that God designed them to grow, and that this baby would be born full term at the time God appointed for them.

It has not been easy to keep fear or doubt from creeping in, but I am a very goal oriented person, and my personal goal is to overcome fear and doubt, and do everything possible to ensure this pregnancy continues. That means I pray hard all day, every day, and read scriptures, trying to commit them to memory to build my faith. I realize there is only so much you can do, but I am willing to do whatever I can.


So please keep us in prayer and believe with us that we will be a family of four this March!

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your heart and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Philippians 4:6-7

"I will turn their mourning into gladness; I will give them comfort and joy instead of sorrow."

Jeremiah 31:13


2 comments:

Jackie said...

I'm so proud of you for being brave. You are going to look back at this someday soon and glorify God.

Praying hard for you guys. Let me know if you need anything on Monday.

darci said...

a huge congratulations! I'm going to be praying this baby along. Congrats on being so open and brave, too..I think you'll get alot of support and prayer. God bless and hold you. darci