»

Saturday, August 23, 2008

Silly thoughts

Have you ever really thought about what all we ask our vehicles to do for us on a daily basis?
Besides the obvious, getting us to and fro, and protecting us from the elements, they are really pretty technologically advanced. Some of you have the ability to press a button asking your vehicle to get directions for you, some can play a movie for your children that keeps them entertained, some can identify a song on the radio and ask your vehicle to record the information for you so you can later download it on Itunes, it's like your car can be your own personal assistant!

The other day as I was on my way home, I was waiting to turn left onto our street. I turned my signal on, asking my vehicle to signal to other drivers that I was turning. Then, I pressed the garage door opener that is pre-installed, asking my vehicle to open my garage door for me. As I was turning into the drive way, I pressed the button for my side mirrors, asking my vehicle to fold the mirrors in for me, so I would fit in the garage. As I pulled to a stop, I again pressed the garage door button, asking the vehicle to close the garage door for me.
I'll admit I take it all for granted but you'd better believe I appreciate that I don't have to get out and manually open and close the garage every time I leave!

1 comments:

stacey said...

Hey, Girl just checking in on you~ I haven't blogged in about 2 weeks~ its hard to get back into everything when you stopped for awhile!
Well, I hope all is well:)